2019 Live From Fashion Week - Integrity Toys Convention - Day 0

My first ever convention--and it's a Poppy Parker anniversary! YAY!

I love me some Poppy Parker. She is my girl. So when convention sign up came around this year, I was excited to go.


The theme this year was "Live from Fashion Week" where we were presented with fashions from all four seasons.

I went to Baltimore with my friends, Sato, who is also a Poppy Parker fan. Of course, we brought dolls with us. What better time to be crazy doll people than during a trip to get more dolls.😂

 

We flew in, planning ahead to arrive a day early, to beat the jet lag (it was not effective--we fared better than we would have if we arrived on the day but we were still jet lagged all days of the trip).

So the first day, October 9th, we explored Baltimore a bit in the morning and took some doll pictures.

Before coming, we heard that the city was not very safe. But I didn't really feel unsafe when I was there. I thought it was such a beautiful city! So picturesque.




After breakfast, we did some room shopping, found deals that I now regret not taking! We did pick up some really cool stuff though, at amazing prices (says the doll person who pays hundreds for dolls).Room shopping may be unfamiliar to the uninitiated so let me explain. So in doll conventions in the USA, a lot of attendees set up shop in their hotel rooms. Conventioneers then go room to room to see the goods for sale--this is room shopping. It is a lot of fun and very costly!

There were much, much more, room after room, than what you see here!

That afternoon was early registration where we received our welcome doll/registration gift. It's a beautiful doll--Fresh Perspective Agnes Von Weiss. She looks so soft and pretty!

Registration bag

Registration gift, Agnes Von Weiss

That day, we also got our first look at the convention upgrade doll, available to all W Club members, and pre-ordered before the con.

Gardens of Versailles Poppy Parker is quite a beauty! I love her puffy curls.


That night, we did more room shopping. The next morning was the official start of the convention and the convention shopping day for me! :)





Comments

Popular Posts