Dolls! Dolls! Dolls! My Dolly Story So Far!



My toy collection has recently expanded to dolls!

Of course, I have had my one and only Blythe doll for over a year now--but my doll collection did not start growing until recently.

I opted to get Barbie dolls, because the price point of Blythes are a tad expensive... But I ended up buying equally expensive fashion dolls in the form of Integrity Toys... XD

I started small, looked for the Barbie I liked the very best.

She was Style So Sweet of the Barbie Fashionista Line.

Thinking I wanted to pose her, I bought a Made to Move Barbie Skateboarder as well, originally wanting to swap their heads.


A post shared by Life at Elderberry (@sylvanian.berry) on

I did swap. And I was so excited about all the poses my new doll can do!




It was not long before I felt bad for Skateboarder Barbie though. She is also a very beautiful doll... So I swapped their heads back... and went to Amazon for another round of orders. XDD

This time I bought a Made to Move Soccer Player (for the head swap) and the Barbie Look City Chic doll. She is also so very beautiful!



A post shared by Life at Elderberry (@sylvanian.berry) on
I swapped the head of the Soccer Player Doll to So Sweet. And I ended up with two beautiful dolls! Haha.



City Chic is a beaut. But to be honest, I am finding it hard to photograph her. :(



I also ended up deciding I need a closet for my dolly clothes! ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T HAVE MUCH CLOTHES AT THIS TIME! HAHA! The Barbie Playline closets are so pink and childish... So I opted for the Black Label Closet. It's a beautiful closet but it isn't cheap.

Now I have a beautiful closet but no clothes. I wanted to buy some Barbie Fashion Packs and went to several stores here in Japan. Barbie isn't really big in Japan so that was a bit difficult... I tried Akihabara. This is when trouble started!

I saw Fashion Royalty Nippon Misaki at a doll store and I was obsessed with her... It was not long before I bought her. I went from $30 Black Label Barbie (my most expensive at that time) to $200. Hahaha.

No regrets though, as she is gorgeous!
Look at her! Her clothing is also so well made. The amount of detail and craftsmanship put into this doll is amazing. I was (and still am) so in love!

Anyway, there was not much luck in Akihabara for doll clothing. There were a couple of lose Barbie clothes at Yodobashi Camera (a huge store for everything) but nothing else.

I bought instead from Amazon Japan. They're way more expensive than they should be, plus the quality isn't not that great because they're mainly meant for kids. That's when I dabbled into the more expensive, OOAK and custom clothes.

I ordered my first set of custom clothes from a seamstress in Ukraine. The outfits are with me now but I haven't had the chance to properly photograph them so I'll leave that for next time! ^^ I also got some knitwear from the USA and so on and so forth. I also got a bunch of Barbie Fashion Packs from Amazon USA and some other clothes in various places!

So now, I have a doll closet full of clothes!

I bought one more Integrity Toy doll from then, she is gorgeous as well. :)

She is a Dynamite Girls Rufus! Gorgeous, gorgeous.

I am looking at a Poppy Parker doll right now. Maybe, maybe I will buy more of the fiercer faces in Integrity Toys in the future, but yet! I do enjoy the cute faces my current dolls have. Hahaha.

Please look at this short clip of my current doll squad. ^^


 
 
Please follow my toy collecting on my Instagram account right here.

Here's my feed at the moment (please note it doesn't work with HTTPS because I'm using the lite version of the app):
 

Comments

Popular Posts